Next time you decide to go on a hike give these 5 yoga poses a try!
(from left to right)
1. Warrior 3 - focus on grounding your weight in your standing leg and shooting the rest of your energy out of your hands and floating leg, to create a T-shape.
2. Warrior 2 - the goal here is to create a 90 degree angle with your front knee and straighten your back leg. Engage your arms as you lift them to create a straight line.
3. Chair - this pose is pretty self explanatory, pretend like you are sitting in a chair. As you sink further down into your "chair," tuck your tail bone under and keep your feet planted firmly on the ground.
4. Reverse Warrior 2 - do the same set up for warrior 2, but instead of having your arms in a straight line rest your back hand on your leg and spiral your front arm (the one that is on the same side as your 90 degree leg) up and back creating a slight bend in the lower back.
5. Standing head to knee pose - (The way I am demonstrating the pose here is not in it's full expression as you can see I'm not focusing on touching my head to my knee.) The way to come into this is to create a basket with your finger intertwined and place your foot on top. If this is enough of a stretch for you, you can stay here or you can focus on pressing your foot out while still keeping your arms engaged pulling your toes towards you.