Lately, I have been socially exhausted. I moved to a new city, and that means that everything – the people, the way to the supermarket, the language – is new. For a person who recharges in both solitude and routine, this transition can be tough.
According to personality tests, I am either 52% extroverted and 48% introverted or exactly the other way around, meaning 52% introverted. I guess my 'scores' were depending on my mood at the time I was taking the long multiple-choice question test (a very common one is the 16personalities-test, it's worth checking it out if you’ve never heard of these). If you don’t like taking online quizzes, here is an easier option: ask yourself: ‘How do I recharge?’ Do I feel most comfortable in solitude, or do I thrive in the company of others? If you feel that you can be both, you are probably somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.
I do not claim to have the perfect recipe for when you should go and hang out with your friend and when you should stay in and order Chinese food. This is only an attempt to raise awareness on the topic. Take these tips into consideration, but recognize that it takes time to find this balance, and you owe it to yourself to make sure that you are comfortable.